Last night we responded to a residence for the reported house on fire along with the Ridge Road Fire District. We arrived to find most of the fire extinguished by an occupant and the cause of the fire was accidental. While on scene we determined that the home had no working smoke detectors and then installed them at no charge to the resident. If you are a Gates Fire District resident and need a smoke or CO detector installed, please call 585-426-2720 and ask to speak to our Community Risk Reduction office to schedule an appointment.
Smoke Detectors Save Lives
June 16, 2020