Last week, our crews responded to two separate incidents involving fire in the kitchen. The first was caused by putting metal in the microwave and the other from cooking oil on the stove top. Both incidents were accidental and could happen to anyone. Cooking fires are the number cause of home fires and home injuries. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking. Cooking can seem like such an easy task to some, but can cause injury and loss of property in seconds if you are distracted.
Thank you to our neighboring fire departments, Gates Ambulance, and Gates Police assisting us at these incidents.
Credit to Matt Pillsbury for the photos.