The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a
* Flood Warning for Small stream in… Southeastern Monroe County in western New York…
* Until 600 PM EDT Wednesday.
* At 605 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain. River gauges along Irondequoit Creek are showing significant water level rises. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly along Irondequoit Creek. Between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
* Flooding is likely in low lying areas along Irondequoit Creek. Flooding will become widespread in Ellison Park. Flooding is also possible in low lying areas along Allen Creek, including Corbett’s Glen Park.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include… Areas near Irondequoit and Allen Creek in Irondequoit, East Rochester, Fairport, Brighton, Penfield and Pittsford.
Additional rainfall amounts of 0.25 to 0.5 inches are possible in the warned area.
Keep children away from storm drains, culverts, creeks and streams. Water levels can rise rapidly and sweep children away.
Flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know where you are relative to streams, rivers, or creeks which can become killers in heavy rains. Hikers should avoid streams or creeks.