JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: DISPATCHER/LABORER PART-TIME
The Gates Fire District is currently accepting applications for part-time dispatchers. Applicants must be able to work flexible hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Part-time dispatchers are guaranteed a minimum of 12 hours per month.
(Refer to accompanying job description for details)
Current pay rate is $15.00 per hour.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a resume with cover letter in person to the Gates Fire District Administration Building
located at 2365 Chili Avenue.
**Resumes must be submitted by 4:00 PM on Friday, April 27, 2018**
Please direct all inquiries to District Clerk Mary Beth Dambra at 426-1258 .
Experience preferred:Position Outline:
This is a part-time position that includes, but is not limited to, the dispatching of emergency calls, answering incoming phone calls, data entry, etc. This position will require working flexible hours that will include days, nights, weekends and holidays. This person will perform all duties as assigned by Line and Staff Officers. This person will report directly to the Duty Officer.
- Emergency dispatching, fire reports, fire incident computer input, National Fire Information Reporting System (NFIRS), building alarm monitoring, Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) operation, monitor other emergency services responses within the areas of the Gates Fire District.
- Creating and maintaining mapping databases, preplan information, miscellaneous data entry, building security monitoring, avoidable alarm report, Geographical Information System (GIS) updates and business information updates.
- Answer all phones, take messages, make notifies, page individuals
- Clerical and filing duties as assigned
- Janitorial duties and station work duties as assigned
- Receive, verify and sign for deliveries of goods and materials
- Emergency back-up dispatching for the Emergency Communications Department (ECD)
- Assist individuals of the community when visiting the fire station
- Entry level training
- Refresher training
- Back-up training for ECD
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
- Previous emergency dispatch experience is preferred
- Firematic knowledge is preferred
- Proficiency in computer skills is required
- Certified First Responder (CFR) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York State driver license without restrictions or conditions.
- $15 per hour